Be Nice To The Boys in Chicago, Elizabeth

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

“Life is hard enough as it is without choosing someone difficult to share it with”
-Greg Behrendt, He's Just Not That Into You


-

"You're a three for three, do you know what that means?" My uncle asked, drunkenly, as I stood there awkwardly, trying to escape his grasp.

He looked deep into my eyes, and stared at me, intensely.

"You're young, you're beautiful, and you're intelligent."

I thanked him, and as I tried to walk off, he grabbed my forearm.

"Be nice to the boys in Chicago, okay, Elizabeth?"

-

Hell fucking no, I wasn't going to be nice to the boys in Chicago, because they were completely NOT nice to me. I had thought about it, in retrospect, all the guys that I've dated (or not dated), and at first I thought to myself, "Elizabeth Bui, maybe you're being a little bit harsh on these guys, maybe they aren't so terrible," and then I thought about it for a couple more seconds, and came to the realization that actually, the guys that I've met since the beginning of this blog, are actually pretty damn terrible. If anyone should be getting nice treatment, it should be me, Blair fucking Bui, for all the nonsense that I've had to deal with from these fuckers.

Ted Chang

  • Was excessively clingy and weird, and said that he could see me as his wife after like, three dates.
  • Was a neanderthal and embarrassed me in the Art Institute
  • Got me drunk off moscato, and banged me, even though I didn't really want to
  • Used disgusting adjectives to describe normal things- called my dress yummy, called a PAINTING crispy. UM, IS A MANET PAINTING FRIED CHICKEN NOW?
  • Could never talk to him, so I always had to go see movies so I could ignore him
  • Bossed me around, like a typical stereotypical weird Asian guy

Louis Romney

  • Sent me a list of problems he had with me, like what?
  • Was super cocky, super Republican, and always mentioned how much older he was than me
  • Ran away during one of my work events, when Kayresia asked him what his intentions with me were
  • Has five hundred side hos, and probably a secret wife and kids in Hawaii
  • Always talked about how he hated Hispanic, and poor people

Rafael Mancilla

  • Claimed that he had kidney problems, and that he couldn't go on a sushi date with me, but then still came over and banged me
  • AND then totally tried to ghost me
  • Basically a twenty three year old fuck boy, with a schwag job, that smokes weed day and night


Target Guy

  • Asked me on a date in a grocery store
  • Basically told me that he's a pedophile, and that he banged a fifteen year old when he was twenty two
  • And then he thought I would go home with him after that???


Johnson Baker

  • OH MY GOD
  • DON'T GET ME STARTED
  • ON THIS MOTHER FUCKER
  • Thinks he's the bomb dot com, and can't seem to understand that there's (a fucking lot of) women out there who don't want to date him
  • Followed me for twenty blocks, asking me why I wouldn't date/bang/WHATEVER him
  • And then in Target too
  • And then called me inconsiderate and acted like I was at fault
  • Non-stop asked me why I wouldn't date him
  • Didn't know what foccacia bread was
  • Didn't know what sugar packets were
  • Kept acting like something was wrong with me, just because I wouldn't date him
  • Basically was an idiot, and a gremlin man-child that would not let shit go, and nonstop asked me why I wouldn't date him, and obviously had weird feelings for me, but was incapable of moving the fuck on


Zayn

  • BASICALLY, he took advantage of me when I was really, really, really sad and depressed, and he slept with me even though I wasn't into it, and then he wouldn't leave me alone and kept acting like I was acting weird because I liked him
  • WHICH I FUCKING DID NOT EW


Carter Chavez

  • Literally a fuck boy, and an idiot
  • Sent me pictures of him smoking with his foot
  • HIS FOOT
  • WHO DOES THAT?!
  • Would not stop trying to tap me


Jason

  • Basically told me he didn't have to time to "cultivate" (TF?) a relationship, but he's literally on every dating app imaginable
  • Talks like a 70's frat star, and the first time he met me, he punched me on my right upper arm, and sometimes I still think it hurts to this day


Derek

  • Kept asking me for another chance, and acted like he deserved one, was annoying and super persistent


Kevin

  • Got like, $100 worth of free consultations
  • Basically tried to tap me, got rejected, and then stole my business idea


Chuck Fucking Cuevas


And then I sat there, incapable of making that last list. I looked at that name, and I didn't even know what to say. Chuck and I really have had our ups and downs this semester, and we really have been through a lot. He sat there, and watched me date (and bang) other guys, right in front of him, and he didn't say anything. And I understand that he didn't say anything because he didn't think it was his place, but in the end, it bothered the hell out of him, and he just didn't say anything. And don't I deserve someone that will say something? Someone that cares so passionately about me, that they'd go after me and say something?

And it's not like Chuck never says anything- there was the time that he was adorably annoying as fuck, and kept sending me passive-aggressive messages in order to talk to me, when I was ignoring him. But I had only ignored him, and walked away because he wasn't there for me, when I needed him to be. And I walked away because he didn't say anything, and because he let me.

And he's been around recently, as much as I want to pretend like everything is perfect and dandy, and magical between us- it doesn't change the fact that he can't be with anyone right now. AND YES, it's sweet that if he could, it would be me, in a heartbeat, but I just... I need him to say anything. I need him to say something, and I need him to give me something that's worth waiting and fighting for. Because right now, I honestly just don't know. 

And the last thing I said to him was on Thursday morning, and he didn't say anything back. And now it's the night before he's going to leave, and he still hasn't said anything. And I know it's silly, and I should just say something- but I'm always the one who says something. It wasn't even a big crazy message, I literally just messaged him back something normal- and he just didn't say anything! 

And maybe it's because we both don't know what this is, or what's going on. I mean, I really don't...I've been sneaking around secretly with Chuck, but who knows what's going to happen, or if it's worth it. And I wish that I was as fearless as I used to be, and that I could just dive headfirst, and belly up. But the same question keeps asking me, "Did you crawl out of the pit he threw you in, and climb that mountain...just for this?"

Is Chuck really it, Blair?

And I wish I could say I knew, but I don't. I just know that he hasn't said anything- and I need him to say anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS