Slice of Apple Pie, Part One

Monday, March 14, 2016

“Everything in the world is about sex except sex. Sex is about power.”
-Oscar Wilde 


Neck in writhing pain, sore as fuck body, messy hair, no makeup, super obvious floral scarf to conceal the remnants of last night. That is how I walked into work this morning, looking like an absolute fucking disaster, and feeling like an even bigger one. And as I checked my phone, to see the text waiting for me, I felt even more annoyed.

-

As I sat and typed up the conclusion to my Psych paper, I felt my phone vibrate from under my covers.

I looked at my phone, to see an apology text from Carter, and another one, where he basically begged me to hang out with him.

Carter: In like thirty minutes?

I pondered for a second, and then decided to answer him back.

Blair: Maybe at five, after I finish my paper.

Okay, maybe I was being a little bit mean to Carter, but if you knew what had been happening between the two of us, you would understand. We had been back and forth flirting, and back and forth Snapchatting, and I had thought that we would've gone out already by that point...but we hadn't. And after I told him that I didn't have time to wait around and that I didn't play games, he begged me to hang out again, and to meet up again.

Later that day, I buzzed apartment number three, and opened the door and headed up the stairs. And there he stood, waiting for me, smirk on his face and hat pulled backwards.

"Hey, I'm really glad the two of us could meet up again," Carter tried to say, smoothly.

"Yeah, well I Lyfted my ass over here," I remarked, watching Carter look back at me, completely shocked. "You should be glad that I did after everything that happened." I looked up at him, and casually flipped a curl over my shoulder.

"I really should be, I'm really sorry about everything."

For some guy that was supposedly a player, he seemed pretty easy.

The two of us sat on his couch, and talked for a while. We talked about what we had been up to, and what had been going on. Carter explained that he got arrested for speeding, and had to cancel our plans for the night before, and he actually told me a lot of things, which completely raised questions in my mind.

"Yeah, when I showed my friends pictures of you, they thought you'd be quiet and innocent too...but you're not. You're a, quote unquote, boss ass bitch."

Wait, he showed his friends pictures of me? I was completely surprised, as Carter didn't seem like the type to do things like that. I didn't even really know what to say, so I paused for a moment, and then tried to react nonchalantly.

I laughed.

Yes, I laughed.

 "I know, I'm bold and sassy, brazen and independent. And I definitely know what I want and I'm not afraid to speak my mind."

"And you're just, so chill for a girl. I normally make girls crazy."

I looked back at him, giving him a look. Did he really think he could just slide that in there?

"Yeah, well I make guys crazy," I said, as I put on a bit more of red lipsticks.

"Oh really?" he asked, as if he didn't believe me. I looked at him, eyes narrowing.

"I do."

And if you read Cliches in Chicago, you would fucking know, buddy.

"I thought you went crazy a bit back there, when you reacted like that the other night."

"I wasn't going crazy," I said, adamantly. I looked at Carter, my face inches from his, I wasn't going to lie or pretend like I wasn't going to say the truth. "I just don't play games and I don't waste my time with petty things like that. I'm hard to get, and you gotta work for it, point blank." Carter stared back at me, blankly, as if I had uttered profanities about his mother. He wasn't expecting this, and I definitely flipped the game on him.

"Okay, we'll see what happens, Blair."

"It was funny that we ran into each other last week while you were driving," I admitted.

"Yeah, it was nice seeing you."

"I looked cute," I said, laughing.

"You did. I was going to pick you up, because I was heading out to get food, but you were with your boyfriend," Carter commented, not-so-subtly. I gave him side eye, and then looked away.

LAST WEEK, MARCH 9, 2016/
SCENE: Blair and Yael are walking down Taylor Street, after a delicious meal.
"Who the fuck just cut me off?" I thought to myself. And as I squinted my eyes, and looked a little bit closer, I recognized him.
"Oh my god, it's CARTER," I said, as I smiled, and waved at him.
As Carter drove off in his jeep, I turned and looked at Yael. Yael looked back at me, with an annoyed look on his face.
"I have never seen you like that," he said, giving me side eye.
"I like him," I giggled. "Is he still looking at me?" I sneakily looked past my shoulder.
 "You just lost all your boss ass bitch-ness."

"You mean my guy friend?"

"I don't know what he is to you," Carter added, snippily. Was he really acting like this? I'm sure his apartment was busier than Ellis Island in the 1900's.

The two of us talked, and he ended up admitting that he had creeped on my profile after I was featured in campus news. (Long story short, this photographer had the biggest boner for me, and after I was featured, hella guys inboxed me and tried to add me on Facebook....awkward! I was still dating Chuck at the time so it was significantly more annoying than flattering).

"I'm hard to get attention from, Blair. You would know," he said, with a wink.

I looked straight at Carter, slightly annoyed that he was playing these games again.

"Carter, I wouldn't know, because I didn't try to get your attention. You've noticed me like, a bunch of times and you never came up to me, for whatever reason. You said you saw me two summers ago, when we both took Orgo 2, and a bunch of times in Cell Bio. And NADA."

"I may have checked you out a couple times," Carter confessed. I looked at him, expectantly.

"Okay, more an a couple times."

There is a pivotal transition in between the phase when you're casually conversing with a new person that you're interested in, and then you're making out furiously with each other and unleashing all your weird psychological sexual desires. Usually it happens when you're easing into talking about sex...and then things you like during sex. And that's what happened in this case.

"I like having nails scratching my back and chest, biting girls and being bitten, and kind of being hurt," he stopped for a moment and looked at me, to make sure that I was following him.

"And being hit in the face."

WHAT THE FUCK?

"Being hit...in the face?" I asked. I repeated the words, as if I was a little kid learning how to speak. What the actual FUCK?

"Yeah, just like being smacked across the face. Like SMACKED. Just try it."

I looked at my hand, and then I looked at his face. The thought of my hand smacking him across the face was just weird.

"You really like this?"

"Yeah."

"And you're not going to report me for like, assault or anything...are you?" I glanced over to Carter, where he shook his head, somewhat enthusiastically. This was getting kind of weird.

"Okay..." I looked at my hand, and then, I slapped him across his face. As I pulled my hand away, Carter looked back at me, emotionless.

"I'm sorry, did that hur-"

"Hit me harder."

I looked back at Carter, in complete shock.

HE WANTED ME TO HIT HIM HARDER?!

Needless to say, we made out. And as we made out, Carter kept trying to get a slice of my apple pie. And as he wanted it more and more, it was more and more fun to turn him down.

"Why are you such a tease?!" Carter groaned, as he pulled away.

"Because I'm hard to get," I whispered. I leaned in a bit, until we were nose to nose. "And I'm hard to get."

"Why can't I tease you back?"

"Because it doesn't work that way, Carter," I said, as I looked up at him. My body felt sore in different spots all over, from the crazy shit that Carter was into. We ONLY made out, and I still felt sore in the spots where he bit me, and I was a hundred percent that he bruised me.

"I'm hard to get Blair. It's hard to get attention from me." 

I looked at Carter, and then laughed. "Obviously not," I said, looking at him from head to toe. I pulled out a mirror, and nearly dropped it once I saw my body. There were red marks all over my body, and the cream on top was the massive dark purple and burgundy spot on my neck.

"HOLY SHIT!" Carter yelled, dropping his shirt on the ground. "I didn't think it'd be that bad, and you said I could!"

"I'm going to fucking kill you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS