Peck Me, Get Me

Thursday, March 10, 2016

"Hey, we got a good thing, don't know if I'mma see you again. But is that a good thing?"
-J. Cole


It had been exactly two weeks since I stopped talking to Chuck, and it had been a week and a half since I had started not-so-sneakily sneaking around with Carter. It didn't really matter, because Regina and I weren't friends anymore, but something was bothering me.

Why the fuck hadn't Carter made a move on me yet?

It had been a week and a half of him driving me to class, us sitting and flirting during class, and him bringing me coffee (he remembered my order). A week and a half of casual flirting, texting spontaneously, and chance encounter run-ins. But during this time there wasn't even a bit of hand holding, or even a peck on the lips, or anything. 

And it was driving me crazy. I knew I definitely wanted to take things slow after the traumatic experience I had with Zayn, but I liked Carter. He had stuck around a lot longer than the other guys had...and we hadn't even had our first date yet! He was funny, and cute, and proved to be much more of a challenge than I thought he would be. I was used to guys dropping everything to be with me, or to try and get me- Ted, Tinder Guy #3, all of the guys had been so easy. The only one that hadn't (that I also liked) was Rafael, but he ended up boning and disowning me, so there's that...

I knew that I had been driving him crazy too- with his terrible texting, his cancelling our first date, and other things, he had expected me to completely tweak like other girls did. He even embellished him cancelling the plans with a "you must hate me right now!" But I didn't give a fuck- and he himself had even told me that he was completely floored by how chill I was. I don't really sweat the small things and I don't really do drama.. but I definitely had to admit that he was starting to irk me.

How had he not kissed me yet?

It's not like I was wondering why he didn't fuck me yet- I'm not that type of girl, and I definitely learned my lesson after the whole Rafael thing. You never, ever, ever fuck someone that you're trying to date. Definitely not prematurely. And based on the type of fuck boys I've interacted with, if he was trying to just bang me, he definitely would have tried already to meet and "hang out."

Blair: I'm surprised you haven't made a move yet!
Carter: What?
Blair: The kiss that you said you wanted?
Carter: I want to, but life keeps getting in the way.

And then, this MF tried to tell me that he was just disorganized and busy. And as I looked at my phone, I couldn't help but think to myself,

"Is he fucking shiting me?"

Maybe it was because I was used to guys dropping everything for me- okay, not maybe, but definitely because I was used to getting attention and having to dismiss guys or get them to back off a bit. But the fact of the matter is, for a guy that's supposedly interested in me, shouldn't he be trying to...you know, get me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS