Slice of Apple Pie, Part Two

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

“Thou and I are too wise to woo peaceably.”
-William Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing


"Just so you know, it's hard to get attention from me, this kind of thing never happens," Carter said, as we walked down the street.

"You said that already, do I need to say that I'm not that easy and hard to get, for the millionth time too?" I said, as I held my umbrella. A pedestrian walked by, and completely gave Carter side eye for not holding my umbrella. The streets were slick with water, as it rained and scattered precipitation all over the brick buildings. Worms covered the sidewalks, and we walked down the street towards the restaurant.

"I'm just saying, I make girls crazy, Blair." I stopped in my tracks, and turned to face him.

"Yeah, well I don't play games Carter, because I don't have time for that."

He stared at me blankly, as it rained all around us.

As soon as we got to the place, Carter paid for his own food and ordered for himself. And I stood there, mouth open in shock as this all happened. As I ordered, he walked over to some girls, and started talking to them, glancing over to me to gauge my reaction.

"A turkey burger, no onion or tomato, and cheese fries," I said, as I handed over my card, and paid no attention to Carter. I walked over to the table, completely ignoring that he existed. And out of the corner of my eye, I knew that he was annoyed by that.

As we walked out of the restaurant, I turned to look at him.

"Is this considered a date?" I asked, completely blindsiding Carter. He looked at me, like I admitted like I was secretly a call girl.

"This is a hang out," he said, "I don't like calling something a date if I don't have my car."

"Yes I know, but earlier, you said that if you hang out with someone and you end up getting food, then it's a date." I responded, sassily.

"Shit, then you're right, it's a date." And as we walked about half a block, abruptly, he turned to me. "Why Blair, do you care if it's a date?"

I turned, and looked at him. "I'm indifferent, and besides, it's definitely not." I responded, as I continued walking.

"Why not?"

"Because you didn't pay."

-

"HOLY SHIT, what happened next?" Serena asked, as I was on the phone with her.

"He seemed hurt by it, and annoyed...I don't think he was expecting me to be so sassy. On the way home I said that I was cold, and he like...tried to wrap his arm around me. It was weird, because he definitely wasn't that type of guy."

"He's obviously hurt, Blair, he likes you!"

"Yeah, well if he does, then he shouldn't be playing games with me!"

As soon as I said that, Kayresia called my name.

"Blair, how many guys have you dated?"

"Dated or gone on dates with?" I asked, casually.

"This is a really good question!" Serena said, from the phone.

"Okay, I'm gonna count guys I've kissed, since I've come to college....I need a moment for this."

Kayresia gave me a funny look, and then started to laugh. "Damn, you thotlicious."

"There was...Haz, Bill, James."

"Shit, I forgot James was in there too," she said, laughing.

"Sexy Drake, Alejandro, Luke, Johnny." I paused for a moment, "Did I forget anyone else in there?"

Kayresia and Serena were erupting with laughter at this point.

"Jake Reagan, Toronto, Chuck, FOR A YEAR AND A HALF, I MIGHT ADD."

"Thot thot thotlicious."

"Romney, Ted (ew), Rafael, and-"

"Don't forget Tinder Guy #3," Kayresia said.

"Okay... Tinder Guy #3, and then Carter! That's it, you assholes!"

"You forgot the new guy!" Kayresia added.

"I didn't, I added Carter to the list!"

"No, she's talking about the shy guy!" Serena said, on the phone. "You forgot about him!"

"Guys, I haven't even gone on a date with him!"

"You might as well put him down," Kayresia said, with a laugh.

"I have a good feeling about shy guy," Serena admitted. And to be completely honest...I did too.

-

Neck in writhing pain, sore as fuck body, messy hair, no makeup, super obvious floral scarf to conceal the remnants of last night. That is how I walked into work the next morning, looking like an absolute fucking disaster, and feeling like an even bigger one. And as I checked my phone, to see the text waiting for me, I felt even more annoyed.

Zayn: Hey so I know you said you wanted to avoid each other for like a week but it's been almost a month. I know you feel like it's weird after what happened but it feels really weird for me that we're still not talking and that you are ignoring me when you see me. You're a good friend and I don't like to let one bad thing ruin a friendship. At the very least, I hope we can talk about it and figure something out instead of just going on the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS