The Sad Spinster Lady With Mint Meltaways

Friday, June 10, 2016

“There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” 
-Linda Grayson 


-

After walking out of the plaza, I walked a few blocks until Fannie May appeared out of no where. I had this gut feeling telling me to go stop by, although I really should not have had chocolate. I walked in, looking at the chocolates, and also, noticing a pretty cute guy.

He was geeky attractive, or nerdy hot. Tall, messy brown hair, and also pretty cool. I sneakily checked him out, and talked to him, trying to be nonchalantly cute as we conversed. The blow out that I had gotten from Drybar had completely melted from the walk on the beach- the sea breeze had completely straightened my hair out. But, I like to think that I still looked pretty cute in my high waisted jeans, sage green blouse, and loose light brown cardigan. (Oh and low key, my white Birkenstocks- which I think I looked cute in!) Very model off-duty.

In the time it had taken his co-worker to ring up my chocolate, I had found out that he was my age, super cute, a Communications major, and that we both went to the same college.

"Here's your chocolate," his coworker said, handing me a box. I stared blankly, and quickly thought on my feet.

"Yeah, well I guess I'll go home and eat this chocolate and watch Netflix now...like a spinster lady," I said, flipping my hair slightly.

Good job, Blair, let the cute boy know that you are a sad spinster lady with no romantic prospects. I looked at the display, and pointed at the chocolate covered orange peels.

"Wait, actually, I want these too, maybe.."

The cute guy laughed, "Sounds like you'll be here a lot."

"Yeah, and you'll be like, 'Oh there's that weird girl again that talks so much!'"

"Or you could tell me your name? And you won't be that weird girl."

"My name's Blair," I said, smiling back.

"See, now you're Blair."

As the two of us talked about ourselves, I pulled out random questions about chocolate, prolonging the conversation, and trying to seem as cute and date-able as possible. I pulled random people that needed chocolate out of my ass, and random occasions as well, trying to ask as many questions, while still peppering details about me and my personal life. Nash (cute Fannie May boy) asked me questions about myself, somehow not turned off by the fact that I was a weird spinster chick that loved Mint Meltaways and would not leave his store.

And low key, he gave me a bunch of free samples and chocolate.

As my questions ran out, and my attempts to be cute were getting less conspicuous, I decided to call it a day, and walk out. And as I walked out, I couldn't help but think, "Holy fuck, did I not look cute? Was I not cute today?"

Maybe he had a girlfriend.

Or maybe like his coworker, Leonard, he was gay.

As I walked about a block, I quickly realized that I should get Kayresia something! I texted her, opened the door, and headed back for some chocolate turtles. Nash watched me, as I walked past nonchalantly (or so I thought), and talked to Leonard, as he rang up my turtles. As Leonard and I talked, and laughed, Nash walked up to me.

"I actually had something I wanted to ask you, before you left"

"Fuck, was another boy about to ask me to fill out another fucking survey?" I thought to myself, as I remembered what happened with Audrey at the Wicker Park Jewel. Basically, to summarize, there was this cashier at the Wicker Park Jewel, who was pretty cute (although Audrey and I thought he def needed a brow wax), and after flirting with him and being super obvious, he told me that he had a question for me.

And then he asked me to fill out a fucking survey and to give him a 10.

After quickly ringing up a customer, Nash came up to me, and asked, "This might sound random...but I was going to ask you for your number, but then you left so quickly."

"Yeah because I was so horrified you didn't ask me for my fucking number," I thought to myself, half-kidding.

"I mean, it makes sense, because we both go to the same school," he said, with a smile.

"Yeah, and I also magically walked into your store," I responded, laughing.

We talked and flirted, and I talked to Leonard as well. After a little while, Nash excused himself to clean up. And as he walked to the back, Lawrence turned and we kept talking.

"You know he asked me for my number," I said, smirking a little bit.

What can I say, guys, ya girl's still got it!

"I noticed," Leonard said, "When you left that first time, I told him, 'For the amount of time you spent talking to her you better have gotten her number!' I took care of like, ten customers in the amount of time that you guys were talking."

Suddenly, out of no where, Nash appeared.

The three of us talked and chatted, and I found out that I had ended up staying in that Fannie May for a little more than two hours...

Oops.

I said good bye to the boys, expecting a text from each of them- Leonard and I were supposed to go get brunch, and Nash and I...well, we obviously had a date.

The summer's just begun, and after this pleasant surprise...I'm excited to see what this summer holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS