The Ghost of Tacos Past, Part One

Monday, February 1, 2016

“Boys are unpredictable. This maybe not be news, but I'm starting to think it's one of the best things about them.”
 -Kate Brian, Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys


-

After my rant-y post, I was glad that Ariel could come over and hang out with me- her boyfriend lives in the suburbs, and also, she doesn't have a need to be with him every damn minute of every damn day. My friends are all different, in their own regard (I think I'll have to write a post on that soon), so she and Yael definitely offer different perspectives. In the aftermath of "the Friday night where everyone got turnt up," I just wanted a relaxing night in.

**Literally, Regina projectile vomited in one of the elevators and next to the trash chute on her floor...everyone got drunk that night. Kayresia was nearly puked on by a girl talking to herself in third person in an elevator that night.

And Ariel was feeling like a homebody, so pizza and wings it was! Chuck recently had kind of disappeared into his own cave; you would think that I wouldn't want to see him again, but after talking to him and finally clearing everything up, the romantic feelings were gone- I just wanted to hang out with my friend.

Kayresia was having a guest over, a gut instinct told me that Casey was probably in Lincoln Park playing wifey, and another instinct told me that Regina was sleeping. So, although I had rejected Tinder, I scrolled a bit out of curiosity. And somehow, past the guys holding fish, the guys flexing at the gym, and the obvious guys with an Asian fetish, was one who was actually cute.

Okay, you guys, I can't lie on my own blog, I thought he was totally hot. Like, "holy fuck, this guy is actually my type" hot. AND he thought The Lonely Island was funny. Rafael was 23, lived about six miles away (26 minutes if you take the 50 to Wicker Park, and then the blue line to Addison), and from what I could tell was pretty hot and dressed well. And so, for the first time, in a while, I swiped left.

Blair: I'm kind of a no nonsense boss ass bitch.
Rafael: Wow that's so deep hahaha
B: You know how in a group of girls you have the really awkward desperate one that guys talk to, in order to get to the other girls. And then you have the really funny, savage, but slightly ratchet one. And then the boujie, acts like a queen one, who exudes confidence? Then you have the one that's chill as fuck, brutally honest, and a cutthroat bitch. I'm the last one.

And somehow, after saying that, Rafael didn't run for the hills. We talked, until we hit a minor road bump.

Blair: How tall are you, out of curiosity?
Rafael: I'm 5'2"

WHAT THE FUCK?

I scrolled through his profile, analyzing each picture. OH MY GOD.

Blair: Really?
Rafael: Yup

And so, I kinda sorta...didn't say anything. I am a very honest person, but I didn't even know the guy! I didn't want to be that bitch that said, "Hey, you're too short for me, bye." And so, I just started to fade away.

Ariel said she's done it plenty of times, I honestly probably unknowingly have too. Johnny thinks he has, and when he found out about ghosting he was so unbelievably salty. So salty that he posted this Thought Catalog article about ghosting in his online dating profiles. I'm kind of laughing my ass off about it now, thinking about it. A poor, innocent, bystander just clicks the link on Johnny's OKCupid profile, thinking, "Oh, this guy is kinda cute, I wonder what this article he linked on his profile is, it must be important if he put it IN HIS PROFILE," and then, BAM, AN ARTICLE ABOUT GHOSTING.

After my run, I received a little notification on my phone, and looked down to see what was waiting in store for me.

Rafael Mancilla iMessage (1)

Fuck, he's about to confront me for ignoring him because of his shortness, isn't he?

Rafael: I'm actually 5'9" but I was hoping you'd be brutally honest and call me short.

I laughed, and for the first time in a while I was impressed by a guy.

We had texted all day, as I sat and watched the final parts of Grease: Live! and Ariel showed to hang out. I looked at my phone, and laughed, and Ariel laughed at me.

"If you're going to have him bring you tacos, have him bring some for me too," Ariel said, as she typed on her laptop.

"Oh my god, Ariel, I'm not going to have him bring tacos for the both of us!" I laughed, nearly dropping my phone.

"Why not? If he's already coming here with some tacos, have him bring extra for me. Is it going to be suspicious if you tell him to bring you four tacos?" She looked at me, expectantly.

"He's going to be like, how the hell does this tiny Asian girl eat this many tacos?"

"Sometimes I can eat three! He doesn't know, maybe you're really hungry-" Ariel paused, and looked at me, seriously, "Blair, if it's about the sex, if you guys want to have sex, I can leave so you can have sex, and you can just drop them off at my room later."

The night actually ended in tacos, because Ariel and I ended up ordering tacos. As she ate her fire grilled steak, and I ate my tequila-lime chicken, I texted Rafael, and actually smiled. Although I would never, ever admit it.

My phone suddenly went off, as I dipped a corn chip into the guacamole.

Rafael: Alright, well I'm old and have up be up early as fuck so I'm gonna go to bed. Enjoy your tacos!

I placed my taco on the foil, and started to type.

Blair: Hahahah, alright, I'll talk to you tomorrow.

I put my phone down, and dipped my taco into the roasted red pepper sauce, when my phone buzzed twice.

Rafael: Oh this is awkward.
You said talk to you tomorrow and I just wasn't going to text you ever again.

What the flying fuck?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS