The Day After Valentine's Day

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
-Marilyn Monroe


"What did you text him?" Johnny said, as we stood in the lobby of our building. The poor girl at the front desk just stared at us, enthralled by my story.

"I said, 'Romney, you're an asshole and old and I hate you.' and then, I said, 'I've been day drinking.'" I admitted, as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Oh my god, Blair, holy shit," Johnny laughed. "And what did he say to that?"

"He was like, 'Blair I'm going to have to ask you to stop messaging me.' And I said, 'I understand that I was immature but I was drunk. I'll be polite to you in the building, but I don't really want to be friends with you because you suck.'" Johnny's jaw dropped to the ground, as my answer came out.

"Holy shit."

"So, needless to say, Romney and I are not going to talk to each other anymore."

"Okay, so what about that date?"

"Basically, we met up, he ate 1/3 of his meal, stared awkwardly and waited for me to finish. Then, when I asked him what was next, he responded, 'Back to my place.' I said, 'I don't think so.' And he said, 'Let's just go.' He came off like a fuck boy, and as soon as I got up to leave the restaurant, I texted Casey and Zayn to call me, and get me a way out. Casey called pretending that her boyfriend cheated on her, and for the entire walk home I stayed on the phone with her. And then when we got to his lobby, I was like, 'Fuck! What if he tries to kiss me?' So I called Casey back, and when she didn't pick up, I called Chuck and he pretended to be Casey."

"How did he come off like a fuck boy?" Johnny said, looking at me. He has always thought that I was extremely picky, and I knew this was coming.

"He told me he fucked a sixteen year old when he was twenty two."

Johnny's jaw nearly fell off.

"WHAT?!"

"Johnny, he-"

"He just brought this up? You guys weren't talking about sex or anything?"

I gave him a look. "NO, he told me this story." I proceeded to tell Johnny all of the smarmy details, and he shook his head.

"I'm sorry your date sucked....but mine went really well!"

-

"Wow, why do you keep going on all these weird dates? The only normal date you've told me about is the one where you and that guy had no chemistry and you laughed and went to 7-11," Zayn said, as I sat in his apartment.

"Yeah, I don't really know, Zayn. Why don't you find out and you can tell me. I'm a lonely bitch, and I'm going to eat carbs by myself and watch Netflix, because I am perpetually single." I said, as I looked over at the heels on the floor.

"Oh COME ON, Blair, you've been single for like what, three months?"

I nodded.

"When was the last time you were single- not talking to a guy or ANYTHING?" Zayn asked.

"Last week."

"NOPE, because you gave up on Rafael and met Ezra the exact same day...WHAT!"

We hung out, as in we scrolled through Tinder and laughed, laughed at my OK Cupid messages, and honestly, just hung out. Zayn was a cool guy.

"Aren't you supposed to be in your yoga leggings and comfy right now?" Zayn asked, looking at me.

"I already am," I pulled up my top to reveal the aqua and coral floral print band. "I literally put no effort into this date," I admitted, as Zayn and I laughed. "You know, you're one of the few guys I can hang out with without them trying anything weird."

"But I would try something weird, Blair, the two of us would be in my room, and I'd be like, 'Blair, I'm going to change into something more comfortable,' and I'd come back with like, more clothes on, or like my Batman onsie, and you'd be like, 'Zayn, why are you so weird?'"

I laughed, and smiled. "Yeah, but you wouldn't try anything like, sexual," I said.

Zayn and I had met last year when he was Chuck's supervisor, but we had grown closer in recent months. He was genuinely a good friend, and I was learning more and more about him, since we had become friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS