The Taco Ghosting Saga, Part Two

Monday, February 1, 2016

I looked at my phone, in total shock.

WHAT THE FUCK?

Blair: So you were going to ghost me? That's pretty uncreative. 

I have never been the type of girl to shy away, and to bawl tears and be all "boo hoo" over a guy. It happens sometimes, but most of the time, I just take things head on and go straight ahead. In moments like these, it's like I don't have a filter- I just say exactly what's on my mind.

Rafael: Ghost you?

How the hell didn't he know what ghosting was? Ghosting is one of the most common and well known ways to get rid of someone that you're not interested. For example- there was this one guy Casey met on Tinder who was nonstop messaging her, and talking to her. He kept telling her that he was going to take her on dates, but then things would "somehow" get in the way- eventually he just stopped messaging her, and disappeared. BUT NOT REALLY- because he was still there, haunting her social media and just chilling around, but then again, he wasn't. Like a ghost. It's basically when you just fade away- abruptly or slowly, and just disappear.

Total confession- I kind of wanted to ghost Ted, but felt morally wrong because he had spent like $500 on me over the course of a week....oops.

Blair: Yeah when you fade away by never talking to them again.
Rafael: Lol well then yeah, definitely gonna ghost you. But now you made it awkward so I don't know anymore.

What was going on? I knew I had to reply with a punch- and it didn't matter what I said, because we were never going to talk again right?

Blair: I'm a big girl, I can handle it. You could've totally gotten laid though....but oh well!

I pressed the lock button, and then proceeded to return to my tacos. And then, suddenly, my phone went off again.

Rafael: Hahaha, is there a way to unghost someone?

What the fuck?

Was he trying to salvage things, now that he knew there was a chance that we could fuck, and now that he realized that I was boss ass as fuck? I put my taco down.

"Ariel, I think this boy just tried to ghost me," I said, confessing the situation. I explained everything, down to my sassy punch.

"Awh, Blair, I'm sorry," Ariel said, as she took another bite of her fire grilled steak taco. It was okay, we only talked for a day, even though he was actually super funny and kinda sorta cute, and was capable of keeping up with me.

I texted Johnny.

Blair: He told me he was going to ghost me, and then I was charming and witty, and he asked me if there was any way to unghost someone.
Johnny: Huh?

Leave it Johnny to be incapable of understanding things. I attached the text messages, and waited.

Johnny: Blair he was joking. He wasn't going to ghost you. Eat your tacos, go to bed, and text him tomorrow.
Blair: Is he really?
J: He's not serious. Eat tacos and go to bed. He's not being an asshole.

I told Ariel exactly what Johnny had said, and after we laughed at his whole "Eat your tacos, go to bed, and text him tomorrow." thing, the two of us tried to wrap our brains around what was happening.

"Do you think he's kidding?" I said, after Ariel had read the texts.

"Maybe, he could be."

"Who the fuck would joke like this though?" I groaned, irritated, "Ask your boyfriend what he thinks!"

"I think Eric wouldn't know either, actually, no, he would pull some weird shit like this too."

Blair: Are you sure?
Johnny: Positive. Completely.

"Do you think he's trying to ghost me?" I asked Ariel, again. The sheer ridiculousness of this situation made me laugh, as we went over the same situation. "Do you think Yael knows?"

"Blair, I don't think Yael is going to be much help."

"UGH, I'm going to make him wait an extra date before we sleep together. REMEMBER THAT, Ariel, when I say, 'I think I want to have sex with Rafael,' you say, 'No Blair, wait another date.'"

"Blair, you have a lot of faith in my long term memory."

I texted Johnny again.

Blair: How?
Johnny: If he didn't want to talk to you, he would just ghost you. He wouldn't bother to say, "Oh this is awkward.." He's joking.

Okay, well, we were about to find out.

Blair: Yeah, you bring them tacos. Has to be tacos.
Rafael: Damn joking around just got me to end up bringing you tacos. Should've just gone to bed instead of being a smart ass.
B: Probably! I like al pastor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS