Blair Bui's Boss Ass Bitch 21st Birthday Bar Crawl

Sunday, July 24, 2016

It's your 21st Birthday in the 21st century. What more could you ask for? 
-Unknown 


-

My sophomore year of college, in my pre-Chuck days, there was this little red zippered leather skirt that I would wear, and this bad ass version of myself would come out. The Serena Van Der Woodsen, Serena Tran, Marisa Cooper, Rachel Green, confident and effortless version of Elizabeth Bui. Not the normal Blair Waldorf, Blair Bui, Summer Roberts, Monica Geller version that runs around in florals carrying a green pebbled leather Kate Spade satchel.

There's something about me and event planning that brings out my inner fire, my inner passion and spunk (you know, besides the normal amount that is always present). And I hadn't planned anything since Friendsgiving 2015, which as you know, all ended in my heart being smashed into fifty thousand pieces. So, I decided to go and plan something big- my twenty first birthday party.

I knew that I hated clubbing, and loud, crowded places. And I also knew that I loved beer...and so, of course, I came to the conclusion that for my birthday I wouldn't be happy going to some rando club or boujie restaurant. I wanted to start in my favorite bar, in my favorite neighborhood...AND GO ON A BAR CRAWL.

Not just any bar crawl, but Blair Bui's Boss Ass Bitch 21st Birthday Bar Crawl, doesn't that have such a great ring to it? I of course invited my closest friends, some people that I knew from work (kinda), mutual friends of my closest friends that would probably come, my closest friends' significant others, and friends that have fallen through the cracks.

...Oh, and I invited some the mutual friends that Chuck and I have, just so everyone's aware that I've moved on and that I'm happy (OKAY, guys, I'm sorry, I had to- after that accidental message faux-pas, I have to salvage my reputation!)

And that is when I got the best news, in the entire fucking world.

SERENA QUYNH TRANG TRAN WAS FLYING INTO CHICAGO FOR MY TWENTY FIRST BIRTHDAY.

MOTHER

FUCKING

YES

(literally)

I was of course excited and happy that all my other friends could go, but SERENA WAS FLYING IN. She and I were going to get turnt the fuck up, and be bad ass bitches in the city, because that dream had passed long ago.

Serena: I think you should wear something sparkly AF. And have your entire entourage wear black.

Not to mention, if anyone loved helping pick outfits and Yelping bars, plus intense party planning, as much as I did--it would be Serena MF Tran.

And do you know what the best part about all of this is? This time, it was about what I wanted.

August 20th, y'all- just you wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS